LEARN MORE ABOUT THE TOPICS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO YOU
WE’RE DEDICATED TO SEPARATING THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
There’s a lot of information on feeding horses out there – some of it’s accurate, and some of it’s not. At FeedXL it is our mission to educate horse owners so that they understand nutrition better and can make more informed feed choices. We cut through all the marketing bias and personal opinion and get to the facts. Our articles are always easy-to-read and backed by science. We hope you enjoy them and can use the information in them practically, with your own horses. If there’s a topic you’d love to see an article on, please just get in touch.
WHY FORAGE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR HORSE’S DIET
Forage is the Single. Most. Important component of your horse’s diet… for a whole bunch of reasons!
- It is your horse’s biggest source of calories, protein and some vitamins and minerals.
- It keeps your horse’s gut full and less prone to colic.
- It encourages saliva production during chewing and keeps the stomach full to dramatically reduce the risk of gastric ulcers.
- It feeds your horse’s good bacteria which then produce vitamins and hormones that keep your horse calm, healthy and happy plus they keep the immune system functioning properly!
- It holds onto water in the gut and provides a rich source of electrolytes to keep your horse properly hydrated.
- AND – perhaps one of the most important functions of forage – it keeps your horse chewing, head down and content!
So it’s REALLY important to have ENOUGH forage in your horse’s diet and it’s also a wonderful idea to have a VARIETY of forage in the diet.
Did you know… FeedXL will actually warn you if your horse’s diet does not contain enough forage!
EASY-TO READ, SCIENCE-BASED NUTRITION ARTICLES FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE
BREEDING NUTRITION TOPICS
DIGESTIVE FUNCTION & GUT HEALTH
SPECIFIC SITUATIONS AND HORSE TYPES
FEEDING FOR WEIGHT LOSS & WEIGHT GAIN
SPOTLIGHT ON FEED INGREDIENTS
NUTRITION AND BEHAVIOUR
MUSCLE & COAT
EXERCISE & RECOVERY
FREE NUTRITION RESOURCES
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST FOR USEFUL TIPS AND EXCLUSIVE OFFERS