I am sure you have noticed, every time you walk into a feed store, how many feeds there are available to you. Multiple brands. And within every brand, multiple choices. Even for me, the amount of choice gets overwhelming. And trying to read ingredient lists and nutrient amounts from the labels to compare them will make your eyes go crossed.
Enter FeedXL, to help you with choosing just the right products. But very quickly you will find the problem just follows you here. It is very simple to get to the point in FeedXL where you can see which nutrients are missing from the diet. BUT, when you go to find the perfect feed to fit in the diet and fill all of those gaps, you will find there are THOUSANDS of options. Even for me, it is often impossible to find the one that is going to be the best option!
And if, like me, you don’t like to spend a lot of time mixing feeds, with multiple feeds for the same horse, you are going to want to find just ONE feed product that can top up some calories in the diet and at the same time fill all of the vitamin and mineral gaps in the diet.
Is this even possible you might ask? You bet! But trying to find that one feed is like mission impossible if you are trying to do it by yourself.
Enter the FeedXL Feed Finder!
Click this button in FeedXL and we put the power of software to work for you. FeedXL searches through every commercial feed option and puts together a list of feeds for you that will fill all the gaps in your horse’s diet. The list of feeds is complete with the daily amount you need to feed to fill the gaps.
And it is given to you by the manufacturer. So you can search the (short) list for your favourite manufacturer and see which feed options will work from their range. PLUS it excludes any product that exceeds upper safe limits for any nutrient.
So once you ‘diagnose’ deficiencies in the diet:
- Hit the Feed Finder button.
- Go through the list and find your favourite feed manufacturer*.
- Choose a product from their range.
- Put it into the diet at the specified daily amount; and
- Bingo, balanced diet!
* It is important to remember that FeedXL is only looking at the numbers for a feed and is not considering ingredient quality or quality assurance standards of the manufacturers. So you still need to do your own research on the options given to you to make sure the feed is made from high quality ingredients under reliable QA protocols. Here is an article explaining this in more detail feedxl.com/27-feed-quality
The Feed Finder feature of FeedXL is available in our Standard, Premium and Advisor plans.
Here is a video showing you exactly how it works!